You can login or register now:

Register:

Nickname *

Your email *

Password *

Login:

Email

Password

Need help from Phonak Perseo 211 DAZ Owner

2012-03-19 20:00:00 in Digital Hearing Aids by  CJ60
New to the gathering, a debt of gratitude is in order for the colossal site!

All things considered, I am so disheartened by what is by all accounts the case with the listening device industry... It is a colossal trick.

How might they charge individuals $3000-$6000 for a couple of helps, at that point five years after the fact they don't have parts any longer?

I purchased an extremely decent, well dealt with, match of Phonak Perseo 211 DAZ and went to a Phonak merchant today to have new ear molds made, have them tuned to my listening ability misfortune, and conceivably get a client manual... In the wake of attempting to talk me into a $4200 new match (I revealed to him that with 2 yrs or less to live, that would be imbecilic), he at that point consented to change the combine I had quite recently purchased. Appears he has no clue how to program them ("these are so old")... These are from late 2009, and he supposes they are old??

He said he would need to contact Phonak to discover how to program them. He had no proprietors manuals and recommended I contact Ponak for one. I did, and they disclosed to me they have none, nor where I may discover one.

In the event that anybody here has this model, would it be to much to make a request to duplicate it and email a duplicate to me?

Sorry for my first post to be so negative, however Lord, I had no clue this industry was this way.. I have been wearing one Siemens Ituis Dir in my correct ear for a long time now. Had somebody offer it to me, and it's been extraordinary, however might want to have two. I thought $300 for these two Ponaks was a take (they paid $3800 for them in 2008).... I simply trust I didn't discard my cash..

Respects

0

Add comment:

Golf-a-Little CJ60, I don't know whether you are as yet utilizing your Perseo(s) are most certainly not. I have a Perseo 211 dAZ. Shading is silver. It is red for right yet can be modified for either side. Serial number is 051H41247. I'm expecting Phonak delivered it in 2005. It not stolen or detailed lost. In the event that you are keen on having this as a reinforcement or for whatever let me know.

I did a little research and as indicated by Phonak's specs, it requires PFG 8.1 or later (which is downloadable on their site), a HIPRO and a programming link. I don't have that link (no arrangements to discover one) and will never utilize it.

DocAudio Originally Posted by CJ60

Goodness, and not certain I secured this, but rather the arrangement with the Perseo's wound up being VA exclusive chip... So just the VA could program them.

The VA doesn't secure their product like that. On the off chance that somebody disclosed to you they couldn't program the listening devices due to that then I likewise have a scaffold I'd get a kick out of the chance to offer you.

Initially Posted by CJ60

What's more, the person I was grumbling about being a shady dealer (and somebody pummeled me for censuring somebody attempting to help) was a similar person that charged me $50 for one earpiece (the basic cone kind) and "cleaning"... At the point when my feline again bitten up that one, another merchant gave me 3 of them, and did an audiogram, AND re-customized the guide for nothing!!

I revealed to them what the other person charged for the one, and "cleaning" a guide that I keep carefully spotless, and their reaction was "you're joking, right?".... So the person IS a sham craftsman, and I can just envision what number of old people the person has misled...

Charging somebody for provisions and playing out an administration isn't a scam...although I think $50 is excessive, he has each privilege to charge you for his time and supplies he gives you.

Doc Jake surfing the web with a 10yo PC? amazing! despite everything they utilize a 9.6 modem and dial-up?

don't think about those old guides yet current item is not "bolted" down so no one but VA can arrange them. however, you won't have the capacity to get administration or repairs.

CJ60 Originally Posted by Doc Jake

you might have the capacity to locate a couple of parts for a PC that is 10 years of age however Microsoft for a reality is never again supporting the working framework. why anybody would burned through 10 pennies attempting to settle a 10yo PC is past me. what would they be able to do with it?

I kinda guided this string off-subject, yet I concur with your point. A few people utilize their PC for little more than word processor, email, and perusing the web. In reality more than a couple... So a machine that is 10 yrs old functions admirably enough for that. My ex-father in law, and sister in law, are as yet both utilizing the frameworks I worked for them in 1998.... Ex father in law still uses dial up 56k on the off chance that you can trust that... Last June at my children graduation grill, my ex's sister needed to "redesign" her memory from 512k to 1 gb, and solicited me what kind from memory she required... It had been so long, I needed to go to her home to perceive what kind I had put in it... Man, what a dinosaur! I asked her for what reason the hell she hadn't overhauled, quick desktops are so modest, and her answer was very straightforward. It does all she needs, and she loves the framework... As yet utilizing Win 98, and not certain precisely what you mean, but rather she says despite everything she gets windows refresh takes note... So it is possible that she doesn't hear what she's saying (she could be meaning who knows how far back is "as yet getting sees), however in the event that she's correct, that would mean they are as yet supporting that OS... My significant other despised Vista, and needed XP back, and Vista would NOT give me a chance to move back... Be that as it may.. I could move it back to Win 98 from an old circle (in what capacity would that be able to be, I have no clue), and after that "overhaul" to XP for her... The genuine biatch was making sense of what drivers I required, and discovering them for her setup. That is the issue with the way they offer PC's currently, no introduce plates any longer, simply the damn divided "reestablish" drive...

Point being, in the gadgets world, with exertion and tolerance, "Dinosaurs" can in any case be utilized and repaired... Not in the realm of Hearing Aids though....

Goodness, and not certain I secured this, but rather the arrangement with the Perseo's wound up being VA restrictive chip... So just the VA could program them.

What's more, the person I was griping about being a shady dealer (and somebody pummeled me for censuring somebody attempting to help) was a similar person that charged me $50 for one earpiece (the basic cone kind) and "cleaning"... At the point when my feline again bitten up that one, another merchant gave me 3 of them, and did an audiogram, AND re-modified the guide for nothing!!

I disclosed to them what the other person charged for the one, and "cleaning" a guide that I keep carefully perfect, and their reaction was "you're joking, right?".... So the person IS a sham craftsman, and I can just envision what number of old people the person has misled...

In any case, much the same as some other business, you have incredible individuals and you have rubbish. It's too terrible the considerable listening device people can't or wont remove the tricksters... In any case, I believe it's sort of like Lawyers and Police.... Nobody needs to "Rodent Out" "One of our own"...

Whew! Long post... Too bad...

Doc Jake Originally Posted by CJ60

The Audiologist that is buckling down on helping me was really #3 I went to, figure I neglected to say that? He is an incredible person, and retuned my single Intuis that I had quite recently had retuned by one of alternate Siemens masters... It would not stop shouting input even on the most reduced setting...

Anyway, a debt of gratitude is in order for the manual connection, truly valued... I have been a PC nut for a considerable length of time... Possibly apples and oranges, yet I can STILL discover parts for PC's I worked for individuals back in the mid 90's, difficult, however exceptionally feasible... I even got my Grandaughters iPod from 2002 repaired, once more, difficult however completed it.

My Intuis has been ended for many years, however I effectively discover individuals to take a shot at it.. Appears that you can even now purchase fresh out of the plastic new ones from Asian markets, FDA confirmed valid, however they needed $400 for one. Likely ought to have gone that course, yet it is just 4 channel, the Perseo is 12 channels I accept?

Anyway, a debt of gratitude is in order for the assistance with the manual, and I trust my new Audiologist has fortunes getting the program. He has the link however said he couldn't speak with the guides, so most likely the wrong programming...

Respects,

CJ

you might have the capacity to locate a couple of parts for a PC that is 10 years of age however Microsoft for a reality is never again supporting the working framework. why anybody would burned through 10 pennies attempting to settle a 10yo PC is past me. what would they be able to do with it?

CJ60 Thanks BarterPC!

Happy somebody other than myself stood up and amended him.

In spite of the fact that the Internet and its obscurity(?) doesn't mean squat in this present reality, despite everything it stings a bit when individuals call you a liar....

As yet adoring the "hearing" scene, however need to concede, it's pleasant to likewise have the capacity to quiet it occasionally by taking the guides out...

In any case, I figure I would rather have awesome hearing and simply utilize ear plugs...

barterpc Originally Posted by Um bongo

Producers have "current" and "heritage" models. In the event that I ring up Phonak today, I can arrange both: however the just a single I would be purchasing is the present model: as this offers the best to my clients. The heritage models aren't authoritatively suspended until a period a while later, to cover protection substitutions/guarantee disappointments and so forth.

Regardless you misquoted what I stated: I didn't utilize "ended" in connection to 2004, you altered that into your "quote" to propose that there was an irregularity that upheld your contention.

Apologies, yet that is not on.

You really said 2004 Um Bongo. It's in your unique post on page 1. You may have erroneously said it or you may not recall but rather it's there in print for whatever is left of the Internet to see. Concerning the innovation/gadgets bit goes, despite the fact that 10 years is quite a while you can (in the event that you look sufficiently hard) dependably discover individuals sufficiently capable to offer assistance. CJ60 while managing audiologist ought to be in any event as simple and fast as managing an opthamologist, the truth of the matter is that individuals with hearing misfortune as a minimized gathering one-sided against with enormous cost gouging and such. The sickening part is a great many people (even audiologists) go about as though portable amplifiers are extravagances not necessities, for example, glasses and props. Which for somebody with lifettime hearing misfortune like me is a selling out of interests.

Quote: Originally Posted by CJ60 Not to sound inconsiderate, yet c'mon now, really?The Phonak Company Rep disclosed to me they were ended late 2009... Gee, that is by all accounts less then 3 yrs prior? What number of electronic things less then 3 yrs old after end of creation is it about difficult to discover individuals to deal with them, or even locate a manual?

I have TV's, MP3 players, and so on., and so forth., that I can in any case discover spots to repair, manuals, and so forth for...

In any case, hello, who will purchase another $5000 match of helps in the event that they can get their 5 yr old "antiquated" ones settled?

Also, finally, BEFORE I purchased these, I called two approved Phonak merchants around the local area and inquired as to whether they would have the capacity to tune, and make ear molds for me... Both said "no problem"... Both have likewise had a go at talking me into the new innovation ones... Apologies, I don't need, or need, Bluetooth.... >>> This was the point at which the parts container was ceased: the real item quit shipping "new" when >>> the Claro/Perseo arrangement of Chips was supplanted by the Palio circuit in 2004.

>>>__________________

CJ60 Well it would seem that because of one awesome individual on this board, my inconveniences are solved.... Man there are some extraordinary individuals on the planet... A debt of gratitude is in order for all the assistance people!

Mick Shu start at page 9.. it would appear that you are screwed for volume control unless you get a remote. http://www.hamzehce.com/ar/records/PDF/perseo.pdf

Don Hey CJ, that is the main manual I found.

Additionally, Doc Audio is a chick.

DocAudio Originally Posted by CJ60

You the man Doc!!!

I will call him in the am and in the event that he hasn't understood that data from Phonak yet, I will presumably cheerfully astound him!

God favor those of you being so extremely accommodating. It truly is refreshing more than I can express!

Close...but I'm feeling the loss of a basic body part to be "the Man"...lol. It's a typical mistake...no stresses and happy to offer assistance. Answered to the PM BTW...hope that cleared it up!!

CJ60 Originally Posted by Don

Here is a manual.

Hello again Don!

The Manual you guided me to I found two or three days back... Isn't that a spec sheet, more for you Audiologists than clients?

I don't know whether they even have them, but rather I was searching more for a client manual, for example, how to kill, how to clean, how to introduce batteries, and so on... Not that I don't know how to change batteries, however the Perseos don't have a volume dial, so I have no clue how you would turn them up or down... I figured out the on/off switch is likewise a flip for programs, yet that was about it...

A debt of gratitude is in order for the exertion at any rate!

CJ

CJ60 Originally Posted by DocAudio

He should have a Hi-PRO box...if he has the noah-interface then it won't speak with the more seasoned hardware.

Sent you a PM for elucidation...

CJ60 Originally Posted by DocAudio

He should have a Hi-PRO box...if he has the noah-connect then it won't speak with the more seasoned hardware.

You the man Doc!!!

I will call him in the am and on the off chance that he hasn't understood that information from Phonak yet, I will most likely joyfully amaze him!

God favor those of you being so exceptionally supportive. It truly is refreshing more than I can express!

DocAudio He should have a Hi-PRO box...if he has the noah-interface then it won't speak with the more established hardware.

CJ60 Originally Posted by Don

Unless I'm missing something, he consented to help you?

Have you attempted to get bolster on more established gadgets some time recently? Good fortunes.

The Audiologist that is buckling down on helping me was really #3 I went to, figure I neglected to say that? He is an extraordinary person, and retuned my single Intuis that I had recently had retuned by one of alternate Siemens experts... It would not stop shouting input even on the most minimal setting...

Anyway, a debt of gratitude is in order for the manual connection, truly valued... I have been a PC nut for quite a long time... Possibly apples and oranges, yet I can STILL discover parts for PC's I worked for individuals back in the mid 90's, difficult, yet extremely feasible... I even got my Grandaughters iPod from 2002 repaired, once more, difficult however completed it.

My Intuis has been ended for many years, however I effortlessly discover individuals to take a shot at it.. Appears that you can even now purchase fresh out of the plastic new ones from Asian markets, FDA guaranteed bona fide, yet they needed $400 for one. Most likely ought to have gone that course, yet it is just 4 channel, the Perseo is 12 channels I accept?

Anyway, a debt of gratitude is in order for the assistance with the manual, and I trust my new Audiologist has fortunes getting the program. He has the link yet said he couldn't speak with the guides, so most likely the wrong programming...

Respects,

CJ

Um bongo Originally Posted by Um bongo

This was the point at which the parts container was suspended: the real item quit shipping "new" when the Claro/Perseo arrangement of Chips was supplanted by the Palio circuit in 2004.

Initially Posted by CJ60

Is by all accounts a ton of conclusions in here, and many obviously are from the individuals who offer guides...

Here is the thing that the email expressed DIRECTLY from the Phonak Company....

So why should I accept? She clearly is not saying what you are letting me know, i.e., "stopped in late 2009" versus your "ceased when "the Palio circuit was discharged in 2004"....

Producers have "current" and "inheritance" models. In the event that I ring up Phonak today, I can arrange both: however the just a single I would be purchasing is the present model: as this offers the best to my clients. The inheritance models aren't authoritatively stopped until a period a short time later, to cover protection substitutions/guarantee disappointments and so on.

Regardless you misquoted what I stated: I didn't utilize "ended" in connection to 2004, you altered that into your "quote" to propose that there was an irregularity that bolstered your contention.

Apologies, yet that is not on.

seb I have faith in the U.S., makers need to give administration and parts to 10 years after item is last sold. The way Congress is "working for the American individuals" today, they may of shaved it down to 7 years or shorter. Who knows?

EnglishDispenser The Phonak Company Rep disclosed to me they were suspended late 2009

Phonak are lawfully obliged to give save parts to a few (?7) years after the guide is never again effectively sold.

As you have been told a few times the Perseo was OLD in 2005-2006.

That implies that numerous more youthful allocators have never at any point seen this model.

On the off chance that you would prefer not to trust individuals who work with amplifiers each day of their lives at that point that is your call.

Coincidentally, you continue bandying around $3000-$6000 for a couple of helps ... have you at any point paid anyplace close to this sum for your listening devices?

You appear to need minimal effort or free help from Phonak and so forth. I was quite recently inquisitive with reference to what amount money related help the portable amplifier industry has had from you throughout the years?

Don Originally Posted by CJ60

New to the gathering, a debt of gratitude is in order for the considerable site!

All things considered, I am so disheartened by what is by all accounts the case with the listening device industry... It is an immense trick.

How might they charge individuals $3000-$6000 for a couple of helps, at that point five years after the fact they don't have parts any longer?

I purchased an extremely decent, well dealt with, match of Phonak Perseo 211 DAZ and went to a Phonak merchant today to have new ear molds made, have them tuned to my listening ability misfortune, and perhaps get a client manual... In the wake of attempting to talk me into a $4200 new combine (I disclosed to him that with 2 yrs or less to live, that would be moronic), he at that point consented to alter the match I had recently purchased. Appears he has no clue how to program them ("these are so old")... These are from late 2009, and he supposes they are old??He said he would need to contact Phonak to discover how to program them. He had no proprietors manuals and proposed I contact Ponak for one. I did, and they revealed to me they have none, nor where I may discover one.

In the event that anybody here has this model, would it be to much to make a request to duplicate it and email a duplicate to me?

Sorry for my first post to be so negative, however Lord, I had no clue this industry was this way.. I have been wearing one Siemens Ituis Dir in my correct ear for a long time now. Had somebody offer it to me, and it's been awesome, however might want to have two. I thought $300 for these two Ponaks was a take (they paid $3800 for them in 2008).... I simply trust I didn't discard my cash..

Respects

Unless I'm missing something, he consented to help you?

Here is a manualhttp://www.who-offers it.com/cy/heari...uide-4984.html

It's not clear on the off chance that they acquainted something new with this line (PersonalLogic) or on the off chance that it was presented in 2003, yet seems like perhaps it was not a major merchant. http://www.hearingaidmuseum.com/gall...ies/phonak.htm

Have you attempted to get bolster on more seasoned gadgets some time recently? Good fortunes.

CJ60 Originally Posted by DocAudio

Perseo's haven't been fit in a LONG time...discontinuing them isn't the point at which they quit fitting them....it's generally on the grounds that they haven't been fit in 4 or 5 years...

Doesn't mean they aren't great portable amplifiers on the off chance that they work legitimately and they can at present be balanced on the off chance that you have the right programming. I think it would likewise take somebody who has been fitting listening devices when Perseo's were being fit since I question if another audiologist/HIS would even realize what to do with the product in the event that they saw it.

Sadly, It appears that maybe when you obtained these you got tightly to individuals that were either being totally legitimate and couldn't see the improvement of more up to date tech OR you got individuals who could see "another deal" upcoming when they could sit and disclose to you that your present gadgets are outdated and "unprogrammable" which is recently pitiful yet completely conceivable.

Much obliged to you DocAudio for such a legit and develop answer. That is the thing that I came here for.

Respects,

CJ

CJ60 Originally Posted by Um bongo

This was the point at which the parts canister was ended: the genuine item quit shipping "new" when the Claro/Perseo arrangement of Chips was supplanted by the Palio circuit in 2004.

Is by all accounts a mess of assessments in here, and many evidently are from the individuals who offer guides...

Here is the thing that the email expressed DIRECTLY from the Phonak Company....

Dear Mr. Cook:

Much obliged to you for going to the Phonak site and for your request. The Perseo was discharged in 2004 and suspended in late 2009. If it's not too much trouble contact your listening ability tend to benefit choices as Phonak is not authorized to work specifically with the purchaser.

Much thanks to you,

Stephanie Leist

Phonak-US Consumer Representative

So why should I accept? She clearly is not saying what you are letting me know, i.e., "suspended in late 2009" versus your "ceased when "the Palio circuit was discharged in 2004"....

Mick Shu That stated, I am so disheartened by what is by all accounts the case with the portable amplifier industry... It is an immense trick.

How might they charge individuals $3000-$6000 for a couple of helps, at that point five years after the fact they don't have parts any longer?

furthermore, you need one of the Pro's here to safeguard you out? I thought $300 for these two Ponaks was a take

did you truly expect an arrangement/take for utilized guides at $300?

DocAudio Perseo's haven't been fit in a LONG time...discontinuing them isn't the point at which they quit fitting them....it's typically on the grounds that they haven't been fit in 4 or 5 years...

Doesn't mean they aren't great portable amplifiers in the event that they work legitimately and they can in any case be balanced on the off chance that you have the right programming. I think it would likewise take somebody who has been fitting portable amplifiers when Perseo's were being fit since I question if another audiologist/HIS would even recognize what to do with the product on the off chance that they saw it.

Tragically, It appears that maybe when you obtained these you got tightly to individuals that were either being totally genuine and couldn't see the improvement of more current tech OR you got individuals who could see "another deal" upcoming when they could sit and reveal to you that your present gadgets are obsolete and "unprogrammable" which is recently pitiful yet completely conceivable.

Um bongo Originally Posted by CJ60

Not to sound impolite, but rather c'mon now, really?The Phonak Company Rep disclosed to me they were suspended late 2009... Well, that is by all accounts less then 3 yrs prior? What number of electronic things less then 3 yrs old after end of generation is it about difficult to discover individuals to chip away at them, or even locate a manual?

I have TV's, MP3 players, and so on., and so on., that I can even now discover spots to repair, manuals, and so forth for...

Be that as it may, hello, who will purchase another $5000 match of helps on the off chance that they can get their 5 yr "old" ones settled?

Also, ultimately, BEFORE I purchased these, I called two approved Phonak merchants around the local area and inquired as to whether they would have the capacity to tune, and make ear molds for me... Both said "no problem"... Both have additionally had a go at talking me into the new innovation ones... Apologies, I don't need, or need, Bluetooth....

This was the point at which the parts receptacle was suspended: the genuine item quit shipping "new" when the Claro/Perseo arrangement of Chips was supplanted by the Palio circuit in 2004.

CJ60 Originally Posted by EnglishDispenser

Fail .. Perseos ARE old.

The way that Phonak have no manuals or parts may have given you an insight that these guides are way, way old.

You can't generally accuse an entire industry for the way that you burned through $300 on a couple of utilized guides without first checking in the event that they could be modified and so forth first.

Not to sound discourteous, but rather c'mon now, truly?

The Phonak Company Rep disclosed to me they were stopped late 2009... Gee, that is by all accounts less then 3 yrs back? What number of electronic things less then 3 yrs old after end of generation is it about difficult to discover individuals to deal with them, or even locate a manual?

I have TV's, MP3 players, and so on., and so forth., that I can in any case discover spots to repair, manuals, and so on for...

In any case, hello, who will purchase another $5000 combine of helps in the event that they can get their 5 yr "old" ones settled?

Furthermore, finally, BEFORE I purchased these, I called two approved Phonak merchants around the local area and inquired as to whether they would have the capacity to tune, and make ear molds for me... Both said "no problem"... Both have additionally had a go at talking me into the new innovation ones... Apologies, I don't need, or need, Bluetooth....

EnglishDispenser Err .. Perseos ARE old.

I have many customers and I can't consider when I last touched a Perseo. Perhaps 2006?

Should a customer turn up with a Perseo I'm certain I have the fitting programming ... blunder, some place. I'd need to remind myself how to utilize it once more 'tho!

The way that Phonak have no manuals or parts may have given you a clue that these guides are way, way out of date.

You can't generally accuse an entire industry for the way that you burned through $300 on a couple of utilized guides without first checking on the off chance that they could be customized and so forth first.

Ask a question

Title:

Article text:

Ask a question
Categories
Recent posts
Streamline TV connection issues
Sep 23, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Streamline tv problem
Sep 23, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Phonak B12. Itchy/dry ears
Aug 18, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Hearing aid ear hook
Jul 28, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
volume control
Jul 05, 2018 - ( 1 answer )
Recent answers
Found exact repl battery at AliExpr... on "Oticon Streamer 1.4 battery replacement"
I would like to point out my gratit... on "Costco Rexton Trax 42 (Product Information)"
If you contact Phonak, they will on... on "ComPilot replacement battery"