You can login or register now:

Register:

Nickname *

Your email *

Password *

Login:

Email

Password

Phonak Naida Review/Rant/Fustrations LoL

2008-02-23 18:47:00 in Digital Hearing Aids by  Whitewlf00
I have been wearing the Phonak Naida 5 BTE's in both ears for as long as 2 weeks.

Its been an attempting knowledge. I have been hard of hearing since age 5 with an extreme to significant hearing misfortune and have worn simple guides up to this point I'm 25. My sister's canine ate my last amplifier the Starkey Sequel BTE which is the reason I'm in this issue now.

I attempted the new Starkey fate 1600 power in addition to help and it was shocking b/c of the pressure, it continued cutting off. At that point I attempted the Oticon Sumo DM which wasnt too awful however when I backpedaled in for alteration my audi resembled i just got these Naidas in lets attempt these. So they pack a lot of energy, the telecoil is alright yet not awesome I enjoyed the telecoil in the Oticon better thus far the autophone highlight hasnt worked. However, I continue having the issue of resounding or twisting of my voice and other individuals on certain vowel sounds. Last modification diminished it yet at the same time hearing it on specific sounds.

The main thing I cannot gripe about is the music program which resembles encompass sound in my ears. However, I am perplexed I am never going to get used to how calm the encompassing clamors are. I continue feeling like my ears are altogether stopped up and I have a head frosty. I wish there was an approach to turn up a portion of the surrounding clamor alittle and diminish the contortion and after that they would be great. I was thinking to attempt the Oticon Sumo DM's again for a more extended period. I am by and large truly particular b/c I dont need to pay 4 k for portable amplifiers I am not by any stretch of the imagination content with. Be that as it may, I think i am driving my audi nuts. I am simply so fustrated. Any exhortation?

0

Add comment:

KenP If you get them shabby and are a self-developer, they ought to be very serviceable. On the off chance that your concern incorporates bunches of loud circumstances, they may be somewhat light in highlights.

Geoffrey Boxer I'm considering purchasing Phonak Naida Q50 on Ebay. Is this prudent?

eyesgreendeaf Someone said in another discussion

One of the modifications that audiologists appear not to know about is to expand the TK (the receiver affectability) of the Naidas. Raising them 5-10 dB over the default frequently truly squelches surrounding clamor and can truly help with lucidity. Doing it excessively however can make it feel like you're stifling voices - so around: 300 Hz - 45 dB, 800 Hz - 35-40 dB, 1500 Hz 30-35 dB and the rest between 30-35 dB. Abandoning it at default mode leaves the guides VERY uproarious!

source http://hearingaidhacks.livejournal.com/52220.html

What is your feeling?

eyesgreendeaf Originally Posted by audiosmalls

Instruct them to change the limit Kneepoint. What is in all probability happening is since there is such high pick up the guide is most likely finished opening up the delicate sounds. She is most likely gettign an excess of surrounding room commotion - I discover this to ba an "issue" (albeit effectively solved)pretty regularly with the Naida in the product there is a place where your audiologist can "increment the TK" on the off chance that she does this a couple of times you should see that background noise. In the event that it doesn't change then this is not the issue - However try not to have the capacity to hear repetitive sound static originating from the hearign help - this is NOT typical

How might we figure the suitable tk level?

Um bongo Originally Posted by Sanaya

Hello,

I saw that before in this string many individuals griped about discourse sounding muted/"underwatery". The arrangements hurled in the string proposing altering pressure/bass sound.

What precisely should be done to pressure to take care of the suppressed discourse issue?

I didn't have this issue until the point that the audiologist brought down the volume for low frequencies (at first foundation sound was agonizingly uproarious, yet discourse sounded fine).

When in doubt the discourse sources of info will be the medium to high frequencies at the medium power level say 60dB. Expanding these will typically offer assistance. Doing this "visually impaired" without a comparing REM is risky as the genuine impact of the progressions made is obscure.

I utilize a live discourse mapping component to watch this sort of tuning.

Sanaya Hey,

I saw that before in this string many people whined about discourse sounding suppressed/"underwatery". The arrangements hurled in the string recommending altering pressure/bass sound.

What precisely should be done to pressure to tackle the suppressed discourse issue?

I didn't have this issue until the point that the audiologist brought down the volume for low frequencies (at first foundation sound was horrendously boisterous, however discourse sounded fine).

Sanaya Hi Um Bongo,

A debt of gratitude is in order for the help...it was valuable! I am backpedaling to the audiologist today to get the volume balanced the listening devices were set rather boisterous.

A general inquiry to everybody:

Which demonstrate inside the Naida arrangement works better for you all? Are more channels better or less?

Likewise, would you say you are folks content with the programmed programs/do you utilize them by any stretch of the imagination?

Trainee Audiologist Originally Posted by skyblue

audiosmalls, much obliged. The background noise simply like water running clamor. The audiologist thinks my little girl most likely won't hear the repetitive sound she is extremely deaf(her audiogram takes after), yet the clamor is horrendous to me since I am an ordinary hearing individual. Do you mean I ought not hear the uproarious background noise tuning in to the guide through a stethescope? I'll have him modify the TK asap in light of the fact that I am supposing now that if the delicate commotion is increased so much then they are rivaling the discourse sounds, yes?

Likewise do you have involvement with the recurrence transpose? Do you know to what extent does it take a kid to get a handle on? When I do Ling test with her, she reliably says "h" to 's', it's been all the more then seven days now. My comprehension is the "s" is transposed to a lower pitch, will she in the end hit the nail on the head or the program should be tuned right a way? My sound is more particular on CI, he doesn't program HA a great deal, my little girl is his patient becuase she additionally has a CI.

500 - 85

1000 - 90

2000 - 100

4000 - 105

It's hard to state what you mean by background noise, however comparable, the portable amplifier clamor of the Naidas with a low TK sounds like repetitive sound, it isn't, at any rate not to my ears.

Your sound is presumably ideal in saying she is probably not going to listen. I accept the sound needs to get however much stable in as could be expected, including the delicate sounds. I question they are rivaling discourse sounds as the portable amplifier opens up the diverse sound levels distinctive - in spite of the fact that with that sort of hearing misfortune there is tragically not a lot of space to work in.

I don't know I'd recommend changing the TK as your little girl has a near profund hearing weakness and I would expect your sound is very appropriate in saying she is probably not going to have the capacity to hear it - does she say on the off chance that she can or not?

As far as adjusting to sound recuperate, the procedure is somewhat longer than standard portable amplifiers (a couple of months) yet it isn't a region that has had a lot of research and the decision is still out on regardless of whether sound recoup is valuable. In any case, its certainly something that needs a time of months for you to have the capacity to check whether there is any advantage alongside discourse testing to give some goal comes about. Furthermore, I think as far as CI + Sound recuperate there is even less data on how well the mind can incorporate two very unique arrangements of data.

Has your girl possessed the capacity to sit through a full PTA and get the edges for 6 and 8 kHz yet? Do you know how emphatically the sound recoup has been put on?

Soundrecover can be set contrastingly and the default settings given by the Naida fitting programming are regularly way off/pointless. Ask your sound where the sound recoup is set to.

Um bongo Originally Posted by Sanaya

Hello,

I have a serious hearing misfortune in my correct ear and a significant misfortune in my left ear. I as of now utilize the Widex P38 in both ears-my first combine of advanced guides in the wake of utilizing analogs.

I took the Naida V on trial today. Is there any criticism from you all on which show inside the Naida arrangement works better for you? Are more directs better or less as far as finding that "brilliant spot" when programming the guides? (Particularly the individuals who grew up utilizing simple guides, as I did).

Much appreciated!

The inclination towards all the more channels is only a waste your specific case IMHO, the V will work fine. On the off chance that your are taking a gander at the product, getting the 'Worldwide Compression' turned down will make the guide work in a more direct manner and more often than not improves it sound for transitioning wearers.

The P38 you had before would have had slower assault and particularly discharge times, you may locate the sound "hops" around a bit. You can get the settings of the Soundflow turned a bit lower/less delicate to decrease this impact.

Sanaya Hey,

I have a serious hearing misfortune in my correct ear and a significant misfortune in my left ear. I presently utilize the Widex P38 in both ears-my first match of computerized helps subsequent to utilizing analogs.

I took the Naida V on trial today. Is there any input from you folks on which demonstrate inside the Naida arrangement works better for you? Are more directs better or less regarding finding that "brilliant spot" when programming the guides? (Particularly the individuals who grew up utilizing simple guides, as I did).

Much appreciated!

djprall Hi Matthew. No I don't self tune yet (distributor in preparing), yet I do invest a great deal of energy troubling my allocator and she loves a test so its all great. I just essentially focus on her product conduct and read the choices in there and after that make inquiries about the elements.

Did you know there's a considerable measure of subcategories in essential settings? For instance say you select discourse and clamor or perhaps say music-you will discover more choices in a drop down menu connected to that discourse and commotion or music to particular enviroments that may address your issues. There's such a variety of there it's an excessive amount to list here. Request that your gadget demonstrate to you this.

I invest a decent arrangement of energy clarification particular subtle elements I see in my every day life in visual detail that would be simple for a hearing individual to kind of understanding from my end I assume. . You must be truly mindful of your listening ability and focus. It's tedious now and again I know :- )

Starting late, I have seen programmed increases and concealments like in a type of a wave. It is truly irritating and I likewise see that this occasion happens in a few days or hours after the new fitting. That is the reason I sent this repair out. Issue is away for the time being. Phonak states substitution of interior gadgets. As I stated, it's a sturdiness issue.

This has occurred in 3 comes about because of fittings up until now (that wave i specified of additions and fades...aid will likewise shriek regardless of how you program it). Since I have my second guide out for repairs, I am wearing the Naida 3 as reinforcement, I am finding the 3 outflanking the 9 (as far as general volume increases and lucidity).

For a week ago's repaired portable amplifier involvement basically is that individuals have said for the current week that I am not hollering any longer. I myself can without much of a stretch comprehend individual discussions, radio and TV significantly more (with less genuine speaker volume as well).

Over the span of around 1/2 years, I have had approx 20 programming fittings accomplished for all models I claim. Require some investment finding that brilliant spot. Now and then that brilliant spot could deceive you and it could mean it is that information logging confounding you, so have a go at turning it off and see what happens. It is difficult I know, yet it is certain justified, despite all the trouble.

I will catch up when I am wearing all repaired Naida 9's just without any information logging and no Naida 3 in either ear to make a last conclusion. There is something unquestionably fascinating going ahead here.

MatthewJones Interesting... Have NOT attempted that... I just may attempt that correct at this point!!

Anything to increment intelligibility....

Do you self tune??

Initially Posted by djprall

Hello Everyone. I have 2 Naida 9's and 1 Naida 3 as a reinforcement. I have direct to extreme hearing misfortune with most every one of my highs gone.

As of in the not so distant future I requested that my allocator kill information signing on the portable amplifiers. I might want to state there has been a monstrous change in discourse coherence and additionally general solace throughout the day by simply utilizing the essential general song channel. I truly prescribe everybody to attempt this programming once and check whether you can rest easy, that is whether you are having long fitting issues as I did. I presume that information logging is attemting to hose (excessively) the general execution of the various components.

Since i have claimed these guides for somewhat finished a year, they have been completely supplanted once (first bunch were lemons) and repaired twice (manufacturing plant supplanted gadgets). I question its general strength and don't prescribe anybody obtaining them without a scope arrange and extra protection past scope constrain. When they work they are fabulous and I adore them...when they work. I need to state, nothing in the market beats the unwavering quality and sturdiness of SIEMENS.

My next match will be from them unquestionably, that is whether they meet a similar sound quality that I am getting from the Naidas. I am certain they have one at this point.

djprall Hi Everyone. I have 2 Naida 9's and 1 Naida 3 as a reinforcement. I have direct to serious hearing misfortune with most every one of my highs gone.

As of in the not so distant future I requested that my gadget kill information signing on the portable amplifiers. I might want to state there has been a gigantic change in discourse coherence and in addition general solace throughout the day by simply utilizing the essential general tune channel. I truly prescribe everybody to attempt this programming once and check whether you can rest easy, that is whether you are having protracted fitting issues as I did. I presume that information logging is attemting to hose (excessively) the general execution of the various components.

Since i have possessed these guides for somewhat finished a year, they have been completely supplanted once (first cluster were lemons) and repaired twice (production line supplanted gadgets). I question its general sturdiness and don't suggest anybody buying them without a scope arrange and extra protection past scope confine. When they work they are awesome and I adore them...when they work. I need to state, nothing in the market beats the unwavering quality and solidness of SIEMENS.

My next combine will be from them unquestionably, that is whether they meet a similar sound quality that I am getting from the Naidas. I am sure they have one at this point.

black point hi i think your in a comparable situation as me .Same dissatisfactions with naida as I have, my own particular voice is blunt and the resounding. I do think they are great guides however we have to locate an extremely talanted audi.

In the event that you read what the audiolagest said from Calgary she's had extraordinary accomplishment with her patients . I have an inquiry, would you say you are ready to see much on the television? I miss parts sitting in front of the television Im attempting phonak naida vsp they were requested by my audi .I think portable amplifier achievement depends souly on how great the audiologist is.I comprehend phonak has a ton of changes .fare thee well

black point Originally Posted by HearingLossClinic

As an audiologist in Calgary I need to state that the Naida has been an awesome achievement in our facility. I have fit around 30 of them this year and I have just had 1 individual reject them. The Naida is very perplexing to fit and there are numerous modifications that can be made. I have discovered that many individuals appreciate the soundrecover include anyway it is best to have it bit by bit presented rather then presented at the same time. The commotion administration components can likewise be diminished or killed so those of you who like hearing every one of the sounds around you can in any case encounter that. It is vital that you see an audiologist who is learned and has involvement in fitting this specific item. Fill me in regarding whether I can help you with your listening device and make the experience more effective.

alright im in the time for testing with naida vsp my audioligest picked them for me.in the auto they are difficult to hear with they appear to change quality sound all alone .a few days ago I was in Canadian Tire conversing with the paint man or attempting to, I just couldn't get what they were stating. Once in a while they are great and different circumstances awful. Should Naida vsp be this way or is it my significant hearing misfortune? I made a request to attempt phonac cause I read they were the best or up there ,at any rate what are your considerations on my disappointments I used to have beltone helps.

One more inquiry is it conceivable to see all television speach with portable hearing assistants or not I sit and watch pictures a decent arrangement of the time not understanding what they are stating thank you Richard

skyblue audiosmalls, much appreciated. The repetitive sound simply like water running clamor. The audiologist thinks my little girl most likely won't hear the repetitive sound she is extremely deaf(her audiogram takes after), yet the clamor is terrible to me since I am a typical hearing individual. Do you mean I ought not hear the uproarious background noise tuning in to the guide through a stethescope? I'll have him alter the TK asap on the grounds that I am supposing now that if the delicate commotion is intensified so much then they are contending with the discourse sounds, yes?

Likewise do you have involvement with the recurrence transpose? Do you know to what extent does it take a youngster to get a handle on? When I do Ling test with her, she reliably says "h" to 's', it's been all the more then seven days now. My comprehension is the "s" is transposed to a lower pitch, will she in the end take care of business or the program should be tuned right a way? My sound is more particular on CI, he doesn't program HA a great deal, my little girl is his patient becuase she likewise has a CI.

500 - 85

1000 - 90

2000 - 100

4000 - 105

audiosmalls By the way does the "Repetitive sound" similar to running water? On the off chance that it does this is precisely what the issue is!

audiosmalls Tell them to modify the limit Kneepoint. What is in all probability happening is since there is such high pick up the guide is likely finished increasing the delicate sounds. She is presumably gettign an excess of surrounding room clamor - I discover this to ba an "issue" (albeit effortlessly solved)pretty frequently with the Naida in the product there is a place where your audiologist can "increment the TK" in the event that she does this a couple of times you should see that background noise. In the event that it doesn't change then this is not the issue - However try not to have the capacity to hear background noise static originating from the hearign help - this is NOT typical

skyblue Well, my sound tuned in to the guide and said the clamor is typical in light of the high pick up. Notwithstanding when we feel the house is tranquil there is delicate sounds which are increased by the guide.

Hask12 Barring foundation clamor, and expecting the guides were not changed to telecoil, which can get obstruction in spite of the fact that the impedance will get less when you move far from the source, if all is tranquil then those guides ought to be peaceful. No background noise. Take them back and have the audiologist tune in to the guides utilizing a stethescope. Disclose to him you might want to hear them out to. On the off chance that you are not fulfilled told him.

skyblue My 5-year-old little girl has been recently fitted with this new guide, I listended to it one night, I was suprised to the point that it has a steady uproarious repetitive sound the house was tranquil. It resembles the commotion of a water fall when you stand appropriate next to it. I at that point tuned in to her old Siemens, it doesn't have any commotion. Our audi listened this model in the transfer with her settings(he didn't tune in to the guide) and he said it's not boisterous. Is this ordinary? Right now a portable hearing assistant is modified, does it make a difference the earth is peaceful or not?

Much appreciated.

ljjehl There's very little to know on it other than it's a bluetooth transmission medium to interface from Phonak iPFG fitting programming to Naida/exelia advanced guides. I thought I heard that the iCom/MyPilot combo would do likewise, however I think I was mistaken....

leky ljjehl Hi, I saw on another gathering that you were keen on the icube, did you have any fortunes with getting data on it?

Sue

ljjehl The telecoil and FM modes do accompany the receiver input (so you hear typical sounds notwithstanding the telecoil/FM) - I don't care for this since I'm accustomed to closing out all different clamors when on the telephone. (like the Supero). You can't turn it off BUT you can get around this by having the mouthpiece lessening turned WAY down so it's practically comparable to having no mic volume (I think its something like - 60 in the settings)

There is both FM/Tcoil with and without the guide receivers. You can just embed 4 manual projects in the Naida V helps though.....

The manual choices for the Naidas are:

Quiet circumstances, discourse in clamor, comfort in commotion, music, acoustic phone, tcoil, tcoil + mic, FM, FM + mic, and quiet...

No one but four can be utilized as a part of expansion to the auto mode. You likewise have the choice to have EasyPhone and EasyFM empowered.

So...the Tcoil mode can keep running without the amplifiers on the guides.

ljjehl Good good fortune!! On the off chance that the audiologist is not acquainted with the iPFG controls, there is easy to use stuff that requests client contribution to auto and manual projects, for example,

"Too boisterous, too splendid, dull/stifled, empty/tinny, empty/boomy, resounding/resonating, Not adequately Intelligible,/s/quiet, an excess of lisping....and more...

The program will take whatever reaction and "fix it" the reaction.

You can likewise download the iPFG program to take a gander at it and run a reenactment without the real amplifier hookup, so you can perceive what it would appear that. I could help my audiologist with the changes, as she truly was not conversant in the product. Once the audiologist prepares to make the change, he/she can really she what it will be altering and make an informed figure on the ramfications of the choice. Here's the connection to the iPFG for the Phonak instruments:http://www.phonak.com/proficient/p...&PrivateLabel=

shelley Thanks a considerable measure for your encounters! I've printed off your reaction & will bring it with me next alteration I get. I am warily hopeful!

cdoneill Without the discourse in-commotion, the guides work like the Supero's. I didn't care for the sentiment "sloppiness" I got each time the program kicked in.

I'm not precisely beyond any doubt where it's at in the programming, yet you can pick a "pressure" calculation or a "direct" calculation. It advises the ha how to handle the data sources. Straight is what you're utilized to with past ha's.

By turning down the pick up on the high/low frequencies, despite everything I have the sentiment volume, however what I hear is like what I'm utilized to...True, I don't get the opportunity to appreciate the "advances" in innovation that the Naida can do, for example, hearing somebody inhale over the room, or my canine licking water from her bowl 30 feet away...but turning them down makes it so the top of the line doesn't overpower me - simply removing dishes from the dishwasher made me recoil. I let it out was enjoyable to hear the things I never could (hey freq), however it got the opportunity to be excessively.

The recurrence move is identified with the info calculation. You do lose that by moving to straight, however the issue I had with the movements, is that it now and again made ordinary clamors sound bizarre - some discourse or music, for instance.

I do utilize the telecoil a bit since I have the telephones around the house and at work...but am finding that I tend to utilize the Icom more with my wireless, since I get the "stereo" sound with the Icom. I can utilize my ha with the telecoil/mobile phone pretty tolerably however. (in the event that the foundation electrical impedance is insignificant)

The telecoil and FM modes do accompany the amplifier input (so you hear ordinary sounds notwithstanding the telecoil/FM) - I don't care for this since I'm accustomed to closing out all different commotions when on the telephone. (like the Supero). You can't turn it off BUT you can get around this by having the amplifier weakening turned WAY down so it's nearly on a par with having no mic volume (I think its something like - 60 in the settings)

Initially Posted by shelley

So how do your guides function in commotion at that point on the off chance that they've killed that totally?

What does setting the pressure to direct do (I don't recall that setting amid the fitting; if it's not straight what is it?)?

When you say they turned the low and high frequencies "path down" does that mean volume for sure? It is safe to say that you are as yet ready to hear things- - volume and lucidity?

The Naida V's have can "push" high frequencies down so that however I can't hear them any longer, by pushing them down to a lower recurrence, I can hear them once more. I am worried about the possibility that that we'll lose that element on the off chance that I have them "turn things down." Any musings on this?

I had them kill the telephone setting right since I had such a variety of issues with it (horrendous criticism each time I grabbed the telephone). I don't utilize the telephone much any longer, or utilize the icom/bluetooth with my mobile phone.

shelley So how do your guides function in commotion at that point in the event that they've killed that totally?

What does setting the pressure to direct do (I don't recall that setting amid the fitting; if it's not straight what is it?)?

When you say they turned the low and high frequencies "route down" does that mean volume for sure? It is safe to say that you are as yet ready to hear things- - volume and lucidity?

The Naida V's have can "push" high frequencies down so that however I can't hear them any longer, by pushing them down to a lower recurrence, I can hear them once more. I am worried about the possibility that that we'll lose that element on the off chance that I have them "turn things down." Any musings on this?

I had them kill the telephone setting right since I had such a large number of issues with it (dreadful criticism each time I grabbed the telephone). I don't utilize the telephone much any longer, or utilize the icom/bluetooth with my mobile phone.

cdoneill I appear to have comprehended the greater part of the issues to my satisfaction...by having the sound set the pressure to "straight" and disposing of the "discourse in clamor" program. So it's as manual as it can be. I likewise had him turn the low and high frequencies path down. Still not excessively content with the telecoil, but rather I think in the event that we get the low end down somewhat more, top of the line up somewhat more, increment volume, I can live with that program. The fundamental issue with the telecoils on these is that they are far more touchy than the Superos (or whatever other ha's I've had before) - notwithstanding the sound/Phonak's affirmation.

I can hear somewhat better in the auto with having turned the high freq route down...(not as extraordinary as the Superos however liveable).

Expectation this makes a difference. The greatest key was killing the pressure ("direct" mode). This makes it more like we're utilized to.

Initially Posted by shelley

cdoniel- -

I thoroughly concur with all that you said in regards to the Naida's- - could essentially have composed what you composed word for word! I too had Supero's- - adored them- - however needed more power. That is the thing that the Naida's have. Be that as it may, the icom issues, commotion in the auto, and so forth and so on. I'm on my 30 day time for testing with my Naida V (after a trial with Naida III & Starkey Rhapsody) and in the event that you know about whatever else that adjusts every one of these issues with the Naida's, please told me. I'm disappointed with not having the capacity to hear my family in the auto any longer - beyond any doubt eliminates the nature of my discussions. That was a biggie. I will disclose to you that the Rhapsody's were amazing for the discourse in commotion - however they didn't have the power for my level of misfortune & didn't have bluetooth either.

So we jumble along.....

shelley cdoniel- -

I thoroughly concur with all that you said in regards to the Naida's- - could for all intents and purposes have composed what you composed word for word! I too had Supero's- - adored them- - however needed more power. That is the thing that the Naida's have. In any case, the icom issues, commotion in the auto, and so on and so on. I'm on my 30 day time for testing with my Naida V (after a trial with Naida III & Starkey Rhapsody) and in the event that you know about whatever else that redresses every one of these issues with the Naida's, please told me. I'm baffled with not having the capacity to hear my family in the auto any longer - beyond any doubt eliminates the nature of my discussions. That was a biggie. I will disclose to you that the Rhapsody's were magnificent for the discourse in clamor - however they didn't have the power for my level of misfortune & didn't have bluetooth either.

So we jumble along.....

Hearcare Whitewolf...I can comprehend where you're coming from...a parcel of sev-prof hearing misfortunes don't care for a softening of delicate sounds/"foundation commotion" and so forth ...it takes away a considerable lot of the sound prompts they use in regular day to day existence. I've fitted the Naida with progress additionally yet there are surely those that incline toward a more straightforward sort of enhancement. Normally these have been conceived with a sev-ace misfortune and worn direct guides for a long time.

I as of late needed to make an uncommon demand to a maker uncover a restored straight power help initially made in the 1980s as the customer I had attempted all the power helps out there however we couldn't coordinate the consequences of her current aid....she just needed another one as a move down.

I additionally concur that the Supero was a decent entertainer for those requiring a more basic unadulterated sound.

xbulder Originally Posted by cdoneill

Howdy - I have a significant misfortune (90 db) and have been wearing ha's for around 32 years (since I was 3 - a few of us recollect the "bra" days when kids wore their guides on their chest with wires going to molds in the ears!) So...one match at regular intervals, that is around 6 sets of ha's I've experienced.

My present match has been exceptionally disappointing. I've been attempting Naida's for as long as month and going to abandon them...Some perceptions...

1) no off catch and 9-second "boot time". Furthermore, no real way to kill the boot slack. ARGH!

2) high frequencies are excessively intensified, making it impossible to the point that it makes me flinch when I'm exhausting the dishwasher or my 7-year old child is hollering. I've been wearing ha's for a long time and never recoiled from sounds before...I told my sound to turn the highs route down yet they're still excessively.

3) hard to hear in vehicles because of the street commotion being over-increased (once more, most likely high-recurrence).

4) telecoil has excessively electrical obstruction (I couldn't care less what my sound says in regards to it being "uncommon" in these, it's BAD. I simply had Phonak Supero's for a long time and they were okay, negligible foundation obstruction, yet THESE...) I have PC screens and some overhead electrical buzz at work, and with the Superos, I was fine anyplace in my desk area without an excess of humming, however I get myself now inclining WAY back in my seat to make tracks in an opposite direction from the screens and roof, and still have an issue understanding on the telephone.

5)although the Icom is fun, it's irritating on how it slices the mic off just to tell you the bluetoothed PDA is ringing, and when there's a delay between MP3 tracks, it'll change back to mic, and after that 2 seconds after the fact when the track begins, it'll beep once more into spilling mode

6) Once in a while, on the off chance that somebody adjacent is bringing photographs with a computerized camera, it'll make a little "pop" clamor in the guides (think about the sound the old blaze globules made)

7) I do state the Naida's are sufficiently intense - most likely the main amplifier I've ever destroyed that really began being 3 or 4 levels too boisterous.

8)The FM mode doesn't sound right...doesn't sound the same as the mic or telecoil modes

9)I do see I listen "sh" sounds better, however swarm conditions (think "family get-together") are practically difficult to hear what anybody's saying...I'd be better killing the Naida's and recently going for lipreading.

What's more, NO, I don't need a different program for every condition (which is the thing that my sound was attempting to recommend!) With the Supero's, I had a mic, telecoil, foundation suppresion (extraordinary for tuning in to the radio in the auto when nobody else was around), mic+telecoil...and I was okay.

The most disturbance I had with the Superos is that on the off chance that I was shrieking a tune, the criticism program would kick in and the shrieking would sound somewhat off, however that was an exceptionally minor issue...

Why wouldn't i be able to simply get another set like the Superos??? I needn't bother with all the favor fancy odds and ends...

I've been utilizing ha's for a long time and never had a model that required tuning up. Put it on basically "out of the crate" and match to the audiogram, check the volume level, and away you go...NOT so with the Naida's. I ponder 5 visits as of now.

Anybody have a thought for a HA that doesn't require 5 excursions to get "tuned up", is advanced so that it's niggardly on battery control, extraordinary telecoil, sounds like what I've utilized for a long time, and has enough power for a significant client (90db)?

I have a meeting with my sound on Wednesday, and right now am feeling like will ask for they discover me another model to attempt since I can't live like this for the following 5 years. Flinching when my child is energized is likely the most exceedingly awful...

you could attempt siemens wayfarer -

you could attempt Sumo DM - Oticon (here you have a decision of 3 programs you can set the third program as HI off) if this is the thing that you like-while this is a decent instrument it is to some degree old innovation...

You could likewise consider the Unitron 360

cdoneill Ljjehl - a debt of gratitude is in order for the answer, this is useful. I'll take this to my sound (it's at a HMO so I'm kinda constrained in the selections of sounds at their office).

1 ) I do have the "quiet" program on, so that helps a bit, yet it's not a valid off - for instance, I ride the transport to work, 1/2 hrs every course. In the mornings, I jump at the chance to kill the ha's and rest. In the event that I swing it to quiet, despite everything i'm depleting power in spite of the fact that at a stream rate...so it implies I have to take them out, turn them off and place them in my pocket.

4) I'm mindful all telecoils are vulnerable to impedance, these simply appear to be abnormally so (regardless of the sound and Phonak's affirmation that it's uncommon!). I utilize the telephone at work frequently, so it's imperative to me to have the capacity to get to a point where I sense that I don't need to lay on the floor to make tracks in an opposite direction from the encompassing obstruction (despite the fact that I've been enticed!)

Another reason I utilize telecoil is it doesn't require the client to wear an outer gadget constantly (ie the Icom or Smartlink)...

6. Is it true that you are stating it's conceivable to kill the EasyFM program yet still have the FM? So in the event that I had a telephone call, it wouldn't naturally go into the FM mode, yet I would need to push the program catch? That would fathom a few my issues (with the bluetooth and spilling switch-overs)

The trial issue is being expanded while we take a shot at the issues. I think (in light of your assistance) that I'll send an email to my sound today so that when we have our meeting on Wednesday, we can attempt to address these issues. Some portion of the issue I believe is that he's genuinely new on these, and the neighborhood Phonak rep doesn't generally know anything about these. (I demanded getting Phonak to go to yet the sound says that it wouldn't do any great for my situation) Ah....don't you cherish HMO's? lol

Hask12 The entire point to the Naids' is every one of the alterations that can be made to them, and a great deal of time it takes all the more then maybe a couple visits to get them right. Both you and your aud should be persistent, unquestionably two weeks of wearing is insufficient time to change in accordance with the guides or decide if you like them or not. In the event that your AUD is as of now getting baffled this ahead of schedule in the methodology then you have to locate another audiologist. Naida's have an incredible notoriety however set aside opportunity to change appropriately, particularly when a man has a significant misfortune. Keep in mind how much these things will cost and don't endure any gibberish.

ljjehl I'm sorry to learn you are having a few troubles with the Naidas. Yes, these instruments do require a bit to get setup, as they are entirely intricate as they have a considerable measure of conceivable outcomes for change and require an audiologist involvement in altering these.

Here are my answers for your perceptions on your guides:

1. The off catch can be included as a "quiet" catch., the boot time of 9 seconds can be diminished in the iPFG setup

2. I don't think the highs were sufficiently mellowed, you audiologist needs to check different parameters on the iPFG setup. In some cases the transposition from Soundrecover can be an issue here

3. This can be balanced with the Speech in Noise program

4. Most telecoils have this issue with electrical obstruction. That is the reason I settled on utilizing FM with my guides, as it's better in interfacing than the sounds I need to listen, particularly on my PDA with the Smartlink SX

5. Try not to have the iCom, so no arrangement here...sorry...

6. Still can't seem to hear this issue, perhaps this was a direct result of the Easy projects initiated? I used to have issues with EasyFM with irregular commotions, yet since it has been killed, I am presently fine and dandy!

7. the default sounds can be changed in accordance with your listening ability comfort, I had this issue as well, however could get it set to the correct clamor and the correct program it boots to...

8. The FM can likewise be changed in accordance with your listening ability comfort....at minimum that is the thing that Phonak says that should be possible. You may need a Phonak rep come visit with your audiologist and enable you to roll out a positive improvement.

9. With respect to "sh" sounds, I feel for you, as I am attempting to make sense of this territory as well. It may be on the grounds that I may have the soundrecover decreased or off. I should look at this...

10. As to situations, these different conditions can likewise be added to the auto mode, so this is an or more for us that would prefer not to disturb our guides continually. I, for one, utilize the auto mode and it comprises of the quiet and discourse in clamor manual projects. I used to utilize the EasyFM with it, yet became weary of the beeping that the EasyFM produces to report its nearness. With respect to battery utilize, the battery on my gadget keeps going from 10-14 days (I utilize the Naida V UP helps)

How much longer is your trial for your guides? That in that spot is the choosing point, as you don't need the trial to end and you stall out as yet arranging your aids....The naidas. I think, requires a tad bit longer for a trial in view of the restricting component of the audiologist involvement in designing these guides.

Ideally you can locate the ideal guide setup for your requirements!!

cdoneill Hi - I have a significant misfortune (90 db) and have been wearing ha's for around 32 years (since I was 3 - a few of us recall the "bra" days when kids wore their guides on their chest with wires going to molds in the ears!) So...one match at regular intervals, that is around 6 sets of ha's I've experienced.

My present match has been exceptionally disappointing. I've been attempting Naida's for as far back as month and going to abandon them...Some perceptions...

1) no off catch and 9-second "boot time". What's more, no real way to kill the boot slack. ARGH!

2) high frequencies are excessively enhanced, making it impossible to the point that it makes me recoil when I'm discharging the dishwasher or my 7-year old child is hollering. I've been wearing ha's for a long time and never recoiled from sounds before...I told my sound to turn the highs path down however they're still excessively.

3) hard to hear in vehicles because of the street commotion being over-increased (once more, most likely high-recurrence).

4) telecoil has excessively electrical obstruction (I couldn't care less what my sound says in regards to it being "uncommon" in these, it's BAD. I simply had Phonak Supero's for a long time and they were okay, insignificant foundation obstruction, however THESE...) I have PC screens and some overhead electrical buzz at work, and with the Superos, I was fine anyplace in my desk area without a lot of humming, yet I get myself now inclining WAY back in my seat to make tracks in an opposite direction from the screens and roof, and still have an issue understanding on the telephone.

5)although the Icom is fun, it's irritating on how it slices the mic off just to tell you the bluetoothed phone is ringing, and when there's a delay between MP3 tracks, it'll change back to mic, and afterward 2 seconds after the fact when the track begins, it'll beep once more into spilling mode

6) Once in a while, in the event that somebody adjacent is bringing photographs with an advanced camera, it'll make a little "pop" commotion in the guides (think about the sound the old blaze globules made)

7) I do state the Naida's are sufficiently effective - presumably the principal listening device I've ever destroyed that really began being 3 or 4 levels too boisterous.

8)The FM mode doesn't sound right...doesn't sound the same as the mic or telecoil modes

9)I do see I listen "sh" sounds better, however swarm conditions (think "family get-together") are basically difficult to hear what anybody's saying...I'd be better killing the Naida's and quite recently going for lipreading.

What's more, NO, I don't need a different program for every condition (which is the thing that my sound was attempting to propose!) With the Supero's, I had a mic, telecoil, foundation suppresion (awesome for tuning in to the radio in the auto when nobody else was around), mic+telecoil...and I was okay.

The most inconvenience I had with the Superos is that on the off chance that I was shrieking a tune, the input program would kick in and the shrieking would sound somewhat off, yet that was an extremely minor issue...

Why wouldn't i be able to simply get another set like the Superos??? I needn't bother with all the favor fancy odds and ends...

I've been utilizing ha's for a long time and never had a model that required tuning up. Put it on practically "out of the container" and match to the audiogram, check the volume level, and away you go...NOT so with the Naida's. I contemplate 5 visits as of now.

Anybody have a thought for a HA that doesn't require 5 outings to get "tuned up", is computerized so that it's parsimonious on battery control, incredible telecoil, sounds like what I've utilized for a long time, and has enough power for a significant client (90db)?

I have a meeting with my sound on Wednesday, and right now am feeling like will ask for they discover me another model to attempt since I can't live like this for the following 5 years. Jumping when my child is energized is likely the most noticeably awful...

ljjehl It bodes well to me...I don't think we have been down this territory yet, however the music program has most likely been added to my rundown of projects somewhere...I simply don't know whether it can be included the auto mode. I will carry this up with my audiologist. Much appreciated!!

HearingLossClinic Your soundrecover can be changed in accordance with transpose pretty much frequencies, it might be that it should be acclimated to incorporate pretty much frequencies. I would likewise prescribe that you set up a music program which will decrease the measure of clamor diminishment and set the guides to be in an omnidirectional mode. By and large, especially with uproarious music, the guide will decrease the music supposing it is foundation commotion. Expectation this makes a difference!

ljjehl I do have some questions....I have been fitted with two Naida V UP helps, which I have been utilizing since the start of June. My listening ability edge is fairly a ski incline starting at 85-90 dB in both ears and leveling off at 110 dB. I truly have not comprehended what soundrecover should seem like. I do know the higher recurrence sounds (F, S, and so on) should be transposed into the usable hearing level, yet I have not by any stretch of the imagination heard an authoritative F or equivalent....so not certain what's in store for my listening ability level...maybe you can expand.

I at present have had 4 visits with a Phonak delegate to enable me to change my guides to my inclinations. It has been a blended achievement however. I could get the foundation clamors (murmuring of A/C, and so on ) diminished, yet it appears it was off guard to my music sounds. I needed to have this balanced in my auto settings, yet have my manual settings be acclimated to hear particular stuff like music* (*not totally setup yet). Here are my present settings:

1. discourse in commotion

2. Tcoil

3. FM

4. Fm in addition to mike

5. auto (default startup)

I do have a duplicate of my settings, yet it has been changed a little to alter for the foundation clamor issues.

I additionally have a Smartlink SX and one ML10i recipient. I am additionally getting a moment recipient to coordinate the current.

Perhaps you can give me an arrangement of activity for the following visit, as I will when I get my second beneficiary. In the event that you need me to send a duplicate of my Phonak setup, let me know. I welcome any assistance you can give me.....

HearingLossClinic As an audiologist in Calgary I need to state that the Naida has been an extraordinary achievement in our center. I have fit around 30 of them this year and I have just had 1 individual reject them. The Naida is very mind boggling to fit and there are numerous alterations that can be made. I have discovered that many individuals appreciate the soundrecover highlight anyway it is best to have it step by step presented rather then presented at the same time. The commotion administration components can likewise be decreased or killed so those of you who like hearing every one of the sounds around you can in any case encounter that. It is essential that you see an audiologist who is educated and has involvement in fitting this specific item. Fill me in as to whether I can help you with your portable amplifier and make the experience more effective.

JennyB I am attempting Naida's one week from now! I have been utilizing Savia Arts yet my listening ability as of late dropped to well inside the significant range they don't do anything for me any longer. I don't have involvement with other powerful guides however I wish you fortunes with whatever you pick!

Perusing what you thought about the Naida was exceptionally useful, bless your heart!

xbulder you are critical.. that said if your audi is not cheerful or is giving you state of mind dump her...

discover somebody who will work with you.. be that as it may, have realistics desires.

Ask a question

Title:

Article text:

Ask a question
Categories
Recent posts
Pairing
Aug 17, 2019 - ( 0 answers )
Streamline TV connection issues
Sep 23, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Streamline tv problem
Sep 23, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Phonak B12. Itchy/dry ears
Aug 18, 2018 - ( 0 answers )
Recent answers
Digital processing makes a piano no... on "Analog still available?"
I am a small business owner, expect... on "ComPilot replacement battery"